Thursday, December 10, 2009

Shameless Self-Promotion

As you know, I came to Trinidad with the intention of drumming.  But that's been put on hold for now as I search for gainful employment.  I've got my resume out all over the place, but due to a misunderstanding, the job situation is not as I expected it to be.  As such, I've been spending all my time working on the computer, writing and trying to get my voiceover career off the ground.

www.chooseavoice.com/gvecchitto

http://voice123.com/giovannavecchitto

http://www.voices.com/people/tbmpower4713

Also, I now have a Twitter account: 

http://twitter.com/tbmpower4713

It turns out it's been a blessing in disguise that I'm without a 'real' job right now, because it's allowing me the time to finally do all of this surprisingly time-consuming stuff.  This is the lemonade I've chosen to make out of these lemons.

But what's interesting to me is how much I still learn about the country simply by living in it, even if I'm not out touring the countryside.  Come January, I hope to have my feet underneath me enough to really be able to go out and explore.  In the meantime, this is what I can see from the front side of my apartment complex:


 
I don't even need to put my shoes on to see that.

I also discover all kinds of other fascinating things as I explore my Inner Space.  For example, Gmail has this frightening contextual ad program that automatically picks out key words from your e-mails, and then puts 'related' links on the sidebar.  This is as hilarious as it is terrifying.  I've now become obsessed with finding out what my e-mails are saying about my 'interests'.  My favorite so far stems from this ongoing, semi-argumentative e-mail exchange between myself and a friend back home.  Next to this one are links for "I'm sorry" cards and flowers, and a link about an infant bed.  I didn't understand that last one until I re-read the e-mail and saw that I'd made mention of being treated like a child.

I'd get a gmail account for this phenomenon alone.

Then there are the shocking daily discoveries of how deep the kinship between my roommate and I goes.  As I flipped through the telly tonight I found Total Recall.  I gasped, and before I could finish asking her if it was okay if we kept it on that, she told me she loves this shit.  Which sent me to squealing and clapping.

And she actually appreciated my quoting along with the movie, and never once threw anything at me to get me to shut up.

"That's for making me come to Mars.  You know how much I hate this f***ing planet."

No comments:

Post a Comment