Sunday, December 20, 2009

A Change Of Pace

Not much to say about Trinidad right now so I'm going to tell some other stories for the next few days.  Funny stuff that happened to me in my past.

I will start with a few Public Service Announcements:

How long has it been since you've jumped on your bed?  By this I mean a full-on, running start, launch-yourself-five-feet-into-the-air-before-belly-flopping-onto-the-mattress kind of jump.  If you have not done this in years, I suggest you try it.  I guarantee it'll brighten your mood quicker than you can say "I'm too old for this."

PSA Number Two:  If you see an unattended car with its lights on, TELL SOMEONE.  Twice over the summer my car battery died.  Both times it was because I'd left the lights on (they were gray days), and both times when I got back to the car, a friendly neighbor came over to tell me he'd seen the lights on, but hadn't said anything.  This happened twice.  In two different locations.  With two different neighbors.  Folks, if you ever find yourself in that position, be pro-active, will you please?  Don't just assume the driver has chosen to run the battery down.  And if you don't tell the driver about it before, definitely don't tell the driver about it after.  Telling the driver after the fact only kicks that person when he or she is down, and makes him or her wonder what your parents did to you to make you such a lazy, sadistic sociopath.

And finally, PSA Number Three:  If you're drunk in a public place and find yourself having to pee, find a bush.  A couple of years ago, the Ex-Boyfriend/Current Douchebag and I were at Stop and Shop.  At the time I still owned my 1977 Cadillac Sedan deVille (a beautiful blue tank that I loved dearly).



When we came out of the store, we discovered a man standing with his pants around his ankles, swaying, and PEEING ON MY PASSENGER DOOR.  When he noticed us standing there, he asked if this was our car.  When we said yes, he apologized and awkwardly tried to pull his pants up, informing us that this was a bad moment for him.  E.B/C.D actually had a few choice words for the guy, which surprised me, because he was pathologically non-confrontational.

I guess seeing a guy peeing on your girlfriend's car in the middle of a parking lot will do that to a person.

No comments:

Post a Comment