Friday, December 18, 2009

The Baddest Santa

Okay, remember what I said yesterday about people being the same the world over?  Don't believe me?  Read on:

As I passed by the guard shack on my way to the mall today, I stopped to ask the guard how one goes about mailing something out of the country, without going through Fedex or UPS.

Where the hell is the frigging post office around here, is what I was really asking.

Anyway, as we talked, I heard a familiar strain of music coming from inside the shack.  I recognized it but I couldn't place it.  I leaned in and saw that he was watching Bad Santa, one of my top five Christmas movies.  Possibly in the top three.  I got all excited and told him how much I looooooooooooooove this movie, and he laughingly told me I couldn't possibly love it as much as he does.  He told me he thinks it's Billy Bob Thornton's greatest flick, to which I wholeheartedly and enthusiastically agreed, then introduced myself and challenged him to a quote-off in the near future.

You know what I'm saying?  Trini, American, no matter.  Bad Santa is just Bad Santa.  Goddamn.

Oh, yet another freaky Community of Women similarity:  found out tonight that our neighbor used to be an aspiring ballerina as well.

And p.s.  Those ever-present ants?  They're called Sugar Ants.

Ah.  No wonder.

No comments:

Post a Comment