Thursday, December 3, 2009

Going Native

Here's a question that just occurred to me.   How on earth have I gone this long as a Star Trek geek without calling at least one boyfriend "Imzadi"?  Shameful.

I hung out on the balcony overlooking the water and read tonight.  Definitely an "I'm a lucky ducky" moment.

So in an attempt to integrate into the culture, support the economy, and save some freaking money, I've been trying to buy local brands.  Tonight I had to buy some face wash.  (The stress of the move, and everything leading up to it, has ravaged my skin for the last few months.  So I was looking for something that could help a sister out in that respect.)  After a half hour of perusing the wares at the local pharmacy, I was left with two decisions:  Neutrogena, in all its chemical laden familiarity ... or Bartlett brand's "Mus' Go" Sulphur soap.  Ingredients:  Sulphur, Vitamin E, Aloe Vera, Glycerine.

Guess which one I bought.

I'll give you a hint:  My face smells like rotten eggs.



Today's Trinidad Impression:  Every single cell phone plan in the country has this amazing deal where you're only charged for outgoing calls.  Every single incoming call, from anywhere on the planet, is free for the receiver.  How cool is that.

1 comment: