Friday, November 20, 2009

Ah, the Kids Love Me

Connected with some kids from the school around the corner today. School was getting out as I was walking home, and when I approached a small group of elementary schoolers, one Indian girl told me that my tattoo was “real bad”, and another kid agreed, saying, “For real.” I smiled at them, and then after I passed one of the girls yelled out that she was going to get one like it. “Oh great”, I thought. “This girl’s mother is gonna find my blatant Caucasian, tattoo-having ass, and tan my hide.”

Played outside on the back porch again today, while the bats whirled around the backyard. I’m starting to really enjoy my ‘Vitamin B’ nights out here: Beating my drum, feeling the Breeze, and watching the Bats. Very good for my Brain.

No comments:

Post a Comment