Friday, November 13, 2009

Lonely Lonely Lonely

Had a Kind of Blue day today. Not nearly as cool in real life as the album would lead you to believe.

I keep waiting for signs of Thanksgiving, which of course, I will never see. Didn’t realize how attached I was to that holiday. I’ll have to find some way to have my own personal celebration next week.

Along those same lines, it’s a very lonely-making thing to realize that all the horns honking around you will never come from cars driven by people you know. Those honks will never be one of your friends saying hello. It’s kind of horrible, actually.

Today’s Trinidad Impression: Christmas is a huge deal here. Which is interesting, because I think it’s a good indicator of how Christian the country is. Apparently Christianity is the number one religion here. I wouldn’t have guessed that.

No comments:

Post a Comment